Monday, June 20, 2011

Funniest wedding moment



Sooo, I have been in the land of wedding for almost a year now. Like Ian said last weekend, "Let's goooo...we've been planning this almost a year!" However, I am torn...torn between wanting to leave wedding land, and wanting to stay. Did you know that your wedding is the biggest right of passage in your life, other than birth and death? I know that sounds melodramatic, but it's actually true. You are taking this person that you went out and found (or found you) and you are turning them into family. You are actually "making" your very own family. And that also means that you are sleeping next to family when you go to bed at night. It's forever, you hope.

All of these are true statements, and weddings are serious business. However, I have have had some funny moments along the way.

Like spray painting in the dark. Read that again. "...in the dark." Here is how this whole new breed of DIY wedding goes: *See beautiful idea. *Search out suitable materials for said idea. *Obsessively recreate your idea until it is perfect. This is how I ended up spray painting in the dark. The sun set, man. But my signs needed another coat of spray paint. So what does any good crazy wedding planning bride do? Get out there and paint those signs. I saw Ian peering out at me from the screen door at one point in this process, his scared little groom face lit up with the kitchen lights behind him. And it was then I knew that I had passed ordinary wedding planning a loooong time ago, and I had become something else: IT HAS TO GET DONE NOW BRIDE. We agreed to pretend that that whole experience never happened. But it makes me laugh. I have always believed that for anyone who wants to do something right, the regular hours of mankind do not apply. Yes, most people go to bed at 9 or 10 pm. I don't and I never have. The good things in life happen from 10pm to 2am for me....the best ideas, the most fun, the alive moments where you're doing what you want to do.

Anyway, just a funny moment I wanted to share. In another week, I'll be an old married woman. But today, I am young and single. And spray painting in the dark is just plain funny.

♥ V :)

No comments:

Post a Comment