But now it is beginning to get into the nitty gritty. This is the part that separates the girls from the women. And OOOOHHH, how I love a challenge. I'm currently debating the merits of hues such as seafoam, pearl, blush and peony. And did you know how many variations of milk glass there are? Well, I do. If any of you have any ruffled hobnail vases or medium compotes laying around, holla at me. Two hundred and forty one days until my wedding, you tell me knot.com? Well, that is two hundred and forty one days I can plan a delightful, glorious wedding extravaganza!
I realize that my vision is different than most. I believe in the hand made, the sought after, the uncommercial. The older, more vintage or retro it is, the more I want it. This makes my search a little tricky, but more rewarding. However, it makes it also virtually impossible for me to walk into a Michael's and find anything relative to my vision. So on I search!
Observations on wedding planning to date:
- Putting mason jars on your tables does not original make. It does however, make you cheap, and unoriginal.
- If I see another blog featuring a grey and yellow wedding scheme, I am going to unhook my computer and launch it into a wall. Because it will be SO fun explaining to future generations why you picked the most hideous color palette alive because it was "popular" at the time.
- I will not be wearing a bird cage on my head on my wedding day. As much as I love a good bird cage veil, this trend is SO last year!! LY!! LY!! (Nor will I be sporting a Carrie Bradshaw bird on my head. 'nuff said.)
- I knew what my wedding makeup would look like before I envisioned my dress. ♥
- Women should not be allowed to bear children during bridesmaiding years. I say this from firsthand experience, as I was three months pregnant at my good friend Jen's wedding. Not only was I POPPING out of my dress, I couldn't drink, but I had to pretend that I was. Not fun. And the planning process is scary when you think someone will be with child. Also, there was an incident (Courtney) that involved scissors and a bathroom that we won't speak of. All you need to know is that being pregnant and a bridesmaid is a BAD combo!
- Having a baby out of wedlock actually proves beneficial on your wedding day! My daughter will get to see me marry her father. How cool is that?
- At the end of the day, it's still just another day, another party. I tell myself this. But that doesn't mean that I don't want it to feel a little (ok, a LOT) magical when that day arrives.


Love your magical observations! As I am not as far into the planning as you are (just finalizing a venue and date), I find your words of wisdom very inspirational. Also, because I came to your blog to read about your life post fire, I'm guessing your perspective will change a little, but not a lot! Thanks!
ReplyDelete