Monday, June 7, 2010

Heavy hearts

I have been reminded several times in the past few days of how short life can be, by an unfortunate amount of deaths that have recently occurred. Strange, bizarre situations. All of them different, but all resulting in the same end: loved ones left behind, mourning. It almost feels like the law of attraction, working at its worst - you hear of one bad thing, and suddenly there is another, before you can even process the first bad thing.

I didn't know most of these people directly, but the bizareness of the situations have made people stop, talk about them, and wonder about how the families are surviving. I put myself in their shoes. I think about the ones left behind. I feel sadness, and I have questions, and my heart is heavy with the unfortunateness of each individual scenario.

I have always felt that the other side is really quite close to us, that if we just listen and feel, we are closer than we can imagine to that other stratosphere. I imagine that there is a thin veil seperating us from the other side of this life. I believe everything happens for a reason. I don't believe in coincidence. And I believe that the ones we have loved and lost are so, so close to us.

I have had too many instances in my life than to think any other way. My grandmother died when I was 12 years old. It was the single most horrible event of my life, even 18 years later. But I believe 100% and I have no doubt, that I connected with her and my grandfather through the help of a psychic. Once you have experienced what I have experienced, there is no going back. You know. They are there, right beside us, guiding us and helping us.

In these difficult times, I pray for peace for those that are hurting. I pray that whatever they believe in as being true and right and pure in this world, they can connect with it and use it to be strong and also come to terms with what has happened.

"There is a right time for everything:

A time to be born;
A time to die;
A time to plant;
A time to harvest;
A time to kill;
A time to heal;
A time to destroy;
A time to rebuild;
A time to cry;
A time to laugh;
A time to grieve;
A time to dance."

Ecclesiastes 3:1-4

~V

No comments:

Post a Comment