Friday, June 18, 2010

Keepin it real: Fabulosity!

There has been some major fabulosity going on at my house. MAJOR. Because you know why? My mother is out for summer break from teaching. The first Friday she was off, she swooped in like the magical fairy godmother, whipping this place into shape. I mean, seriously fabulous things are going on here.  This has been going on for two weeks. I haven't even been able to blog much because I'm enjoying having all of this fabulous time to do fabulous things.  Because not only has my mom been watching Lauren, she takes her home for days on end to do fun grandmotherly type things with my dad. And that's why I titled this blog "Keepin it Real." Yes, I love being a mother and doing motherly things. But when summer break comes, I lay my apron down (yeah right) and I have time to do things that I enjoy. Things that I used to do. Happy mommy, happy baby, this is what I say. :)

But back to my mother.  You have to understand that my mother is Martha Stewart.  I come home from work and she says things like, "Oooh, I hope I didn't trim those bushes too short. Do you like them??" Ummm, seeing as how I don't own a bush trimming apparatus and I have never really even glanced at said bushes, yes, they are probably fine. She does things like, clean out under my sink. Clean my oven. Clean out the fridge. Organize my dish towels, by holiday. All while watching a one year old. She told Ian last night, "Lauren and I took a two hour walk today." We laughed hysterically. TWO HOURS? Dear God! How does she do it all?? Who takes two hour walks? We told her she needed to sit down and watch the View, but that really isn't her style.

Now back to me. Back to the Fabulosity that has been going on over the last two weeks. Like I said, I've laid my apron down for the time being. I've done things like, watch a movie on a week night, in an actual theatre.  Then I went out for drinks afterwards with Chaffee, and stayed out til midnight. Midnight! On a work night! Then Ian and I had a fabulous day together last Saturday. Just out all day together, starting with breakfast, until 1 in the morning. We wined and dined ourselves into oblivion. Last night I spent an hour browsing at Target. My mom called me because they took Lauren to my home town fair to see the animals. She said, "Lauren touched a horse's nose! And she heard a pig snort, and she saw a lama." I'm glad my sissy is having fun, and so am I.

I love that Lauren is spending time with her grandparents. And I love this free time. But I do miss my baby. I guess I just can't wait until my little lama is home with her mama.

♥ V :)

No comments:

Post a Comment