"Perhaps if we never veered off course we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change."
~Carrie Bradshaw
Yes, things are definitely changing around here. Summer is in its last act, and fall is getting ready to put on a big show. I love this time of year (doesn't everybody?) when there is a nice chill in the air, and you need a cozy blanket on your bed at night. We pack away our swimsuits, and take out our colorful sweaters. And as one season is changing, I am also ready for a change of my own. Because this girl has got a brand new job!
I won't go into great detail about it, because really, I don't think that anyone cares too much about what another person does to earn a living. But I am hoping that this change feeds positivity and energy into all areas of my life, making me a better partner, mother and friend. My day to day nine to five life is going to change, in what I am hoping is for the better.
The last seven years have been challenging. But I finally feel that this new position will use more of my strengths, make me happier. Allow me to shine and in the words of my new boss, become more than an accountant and more of what I envision myself to be professionally. I will have to use an entirely new set of skills...dust them off and sharpen them up. But I am SO excited!! Thirty is turning out to be a wonderful year. Out with the old, and in with the new. Onward and upwards.
To all of you who may know what a struggle it has been to work for my boss over the past three years, you will know that this was a victory that I have literally been praying for. All I can say is this: you can't keep a good (wo)man down. Never give up hope that things will change. I have five weeks to go until I can start my new job. As the leaves are turning and the temps are dropping, I will also be making my own changes to get ready for a new season. A season of change, new challenges, opportunities, people (and new clothes. Lots of them!!)
I'm off to a bonfire tonight for my sister's birthday in the WC. Back to my roots. Leavin' this city behind to go back to where I came from with the people that I love! Wings are nice, but I'm ready for roots tonight. (and cold beer, my hoody zipped up and some country music on the radio...)
Roots and wings, roots and wings, that's what it's ALL about!
♥ V :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment