Sunday, October 31, 2010

Latest and greatest...

Yikes! I haven't blogged in over three weeks!  Must blog, must catch up, must share the latest...

Hmm...well, I've been adjusting to lots of changes at work or course, which has been interesting and wonderful, and also exhausting and draining. I find myself completing very little work, because I'm learning how to do everything at my new job for the first time, yet coming home strangely EXHAUSTED. Like, pregnant exhausted. (Don't worry, I'm not, but you get the idea.) All new work, people - it's been taking it out of me. Don't worry, they are good changes...I can't say enough good things about how interesting and refreshing the work and people and my new surroundings are. (And lets just say that I didn't picture myself running audio and video equipment for four satellite offices at once with a DVP of leasing in the room. Note to self: MUST LEARN VIDEO EQUIPMENT!) To cope, I've enlisted Mr. Awesome to pick up a few more child rearing duties, such as giving Lauren a bath a couple of nights a week, which I'm hoping will perk me up in no time!

Lately I've been obsessed with style, and fashion, and...boots. Let's just say that I need to "tweak" my wardrobe a bit to dress for my new job. No more uniform of colored button up with dark dress pants. Nope, not going to fly. I've been seeing lots of belts, sweater dresses, tights, and leggings on my coworkers. Because after all, we do work in retail, and now that I'm technically on the leasing floor, it's all about sales and presentation and style. So, I'm about to undergo a style change. I can NOT figure out the boot situation at work, however. All of the styles are somewhat hideous and look uncomfortable and weird. But I'm going to have to do it! Bite the bullet! Wear new styles to work! Buy patterned tights and wear them with boots and belts! (Audrey is eleven and owns seven pairs of boots. WHY is an eleven year old out dressing me I ask?)

My also-new coworker has a 4 month old baby at home, and comes in on Fridays with 3 inch heels in a sweater dresses, tights, a belt and a chunky necklace. For the love of God, if SHE can do it, I have to step up my game. However, I draw the line at blue nail polish. I ACTUALLY saw a leasing rep come into a meeting with blue nail polish on and a large blue ring. I mean, really? She thought, "Yes, I'll go with blue, that will look GREAT!" Arrrgh. I'll always be a geek at heart, but I've got to get this fashion thing figured out STAT. So, I've been focusing on this and hope to get it under control soon.

I've also been obsessing about my hair quite a bit. I have had to push my hair apt back about 3 times...there is always someone I have to see or somewhere I have to be. So today, I had to do a mini salon apt in my bathroom that consisted of a box of dye and Ian's scissors from his shaving kit. Roots are gone and I successfully trimmed my own bangs. It's amazing what you can do once you become a mom. Amazing! In Lauren news, I believe that she might become a hairdresser. She likes to play "beauty shop." After work, I sit on the floor and she plays with my hair every day. She also takes my straightener out of my gym bag and "straightens" my hair...err, wacks me repeatedly in the head with it but it's so cute I let her do it! ha!  (It's probably a good thing that she knows how to use a straightener early on because have you SEEN her hair? I have nightmares about her in junior high with red, curly hair....NIGHTMARES.)

But she is just getting cuter and cuter every day it seems, doing more big girl things. We recently have started having dance parties in my room with her sisters where we put Britney Spears on and dance...and we may or may not have put makeup on Lauren. Lets just say that she knows her way around lip gloss and she's not afraid to use it. After all, she was blessed (cursed?) with a product-loving mom and two adorable older sisters.

Well, need to get some shut eye before another big work week. Maybe the boot fairy will visit my bedroom tonight?!?!?! Yes?? One can hope...! Everyone have a great week. :)

♥ V :)

No comments:

Post a Comment