Wednesday, August 18, 2010

One Car and One Martini

Sliding up to the bar, I swing my leg over the bar stool and lay my magazine, purse and cell phone down.  I ease into the seat, and grasp for the shiny, massive menu that is The Cheesecake Factory.  I scan the martini's, quickly, because the quicker I order, the quicker I get my one, precious, glorious martini. It has to be quick, because I have exactly 24 minutes until I pick up Mr. Awesome at work, and then it's back to reality.

Don't. judge. me.

###

Thursday:

Mr. Awesome: "It's your lucky day!"

Me: "Why?" (Suspicious tone)

Mr. Awesome: "You get to take the girls to the Justin Bieber concert!"

Me: "Umm...sure?"

Two opening acts, two intermissions, $10 for 3 drinks, 2 million (it seemed like) screaming tween girls and one Bieber Fever later, I arrive home from downtown, after a 15 hour day.  It's not bad enough that I wasn't a concert person the FIRST time around; I just sat through over three hours of shrieking fans yelling in a sweater vest, pearls and a white colored shirt with a too big $400 coach purse, surrounded by tan, cougar looking women in sparkly tank tops and too high heals leading little girls in tutu's by the hand.  (Will my Lauren do this some day? Jump up and down at a concert, sing all the words and scream her head off for a 17 year old teen pop star? The idea is exciting and at the same time, absolutely terrifying. ) The past and future sorority girls of the world were all in attendance tonight, while I sit back feeling once again, why is it that I'm here?

Saturday: Zionsville horse fair, Lauren covered in heat rash

Sunday: Selena Gomez concert at the state fair, in 100 degree temps

Monday: House cleaner came, house still a wreck and WHERE ARE THE LAST TWO DIAPERS? The important two, the two that are in Lauren's room for after her bath and the next morning. As I'm looking around, of course Lauren (who is naked from her bath) begins to pee on the changing table, so it's BACK to the bath. One disgruntled phone call later to get her to come back and finish the job she started, I'm not convinced she didn't steal those two diapers. Seriously, WHO STEALS DIAPERS?!

All week: SHARING ONE CAR

Dear God, is it fall yet? How much more of this torturous summer pace in Apocalypse type weather can we take?

Please, pretty please, with a cherry on top and TWO blue cheese stuffed olives...

Don't. Judge. Me.

♥ V :)

No comments:

Post a Comment