Sunday, February 6, 2011

Weekend update

Other than some sad news this afternoon (more on that later), we had a nice, snowy weekend. I did a little craft project in Lauren's room...super easy and simple. I found these pretty felt shapes at Michael's along with all of the felt add-ons. I know it isn't much, but it's a little something extra to make her room feel more cheery! We aren't hanging pictures with nails in the condo to ensure our (massive) security deposit is returned, so this was a fun little project that didn't involve putting holes in any walls. I love it!


Lauren clapped in approval!


Notice the mini Hello Kitty collection here...as much for mommy as Lauren :)

Like I mentioned, it was a good weekend. We met with our builder for two hours for the new house on Saturday morning and saw the preliminary drafts.  Lauren and I did some finger painting and chalk drawings. Then, we all went for the wedding reception tasting at Allison Mansion Saturday evening. We were very pleased with the selections.

On Sunday morning, I celebrated my good friend Sara's birthday at Petite Chou for brunch! We had champagne and ham and brie sandwiches while Lauren had their delicious oatmeal. Lauren was happy to wave to the other patrons, and even checked out a new little baby next to our table she couldn't resist. We then did a little shopping with some gift cards and headed home.

I took a long afternoon nap, but woke up to some not so good news. Unfortunately, my grandfather on my mother's side, Walter Wimmer, passed away today. He just turned 87 this month. He was so loved by our family and we will miss him, but I am also rejoicing that he no longer has to suffer from stage 3 cancer. He lived a FULL life and I know that he is in heaven. Soon enough I hope he will be fishing, playing horse shoes and working on his wood carvings - all things that made him happy that he was no longer able to do. He was a Christian, a loving husband for 65 years and retired from the Navy. I'm praying for my grandmother during this difficult time. I'll always think fondly of my memories with Grandpa at the lake at North Webster, playing his harmonica, at Gulf Shores in Alabama and laughing with Grandma. We love you Grandpa. ♥

Another week is coming tomorrow. I feel ready to go. These snowy weekends are great for spending lots of time with family and getting super prepared for the week. I'm feeling that life is precious these days, with lots of blessings to be thankful for...
♥ V :)

No comments:

Post a Comment