It's Saturday morning, and Ian and Lauren are up nestled in their beds while I'm enjoying some me time! Lauren is down for her nap, after returning from her first overnight sleepover at Nana and Papa's. It was a big accomplishment for me to let her go! Ian and I had a glorious date night last night after the Simon x-mas party. And this morning I got a pedicure at 9am before I picked up Lauren. Guilty indulgence - but I don't get to do those things anymore, so it felt like a total spa makeover.
Ian came downtown for the Simon party at 4pm yesterday. We had some drinks, played games, and ate lots of good food. Then we headed up to the North side to play games and hang out at Jillian's. I succeeded in beating Ian at a hunting game which was hilarious. Then we went to a comedy show at Morty's. It was so wonderful to have a date night! I realize that we have to start planning more of these nights together, now that Lauren is bigger.
###
Lots of things are going on with my friends this week! Ryan and Amanda are in New Orleans as we speak, checking out the French Quarter and deciding whether or not to move for his job. It's a great promotion and opportunity. I'm excited for them and the next chapter of their new life as they get married in May, so it's kind of fitting that they might start out on this new adventure together in a new city. I would be so sad to miss out on summer pool parties with Amanda, and all of our other fun times together with the girls, but Ian and I would definitely visit our favorite couple in the big easy!
Sara was in NYC this week, enjoying all of the sights like Rockefeller Center and Tavern on the Green! Tavern on the Green is closing it's doors soon - I made it one time and it was fabulous. It was everything I pictured it to be. Amanda and I took a trip there a while back, and I hope to go again to experience 5th Avenue, celebrity watching and the sights.
Courtney and Lance bought a new house this week, so I'm so happy for them! Their rugrats will have more room to run and she will be closer to work. I can't wait to see their new house. They have worked hard to get where they are at and I'm happy that it is all starting to pay off for them and their family. Congrats Court. Get having me over asap in your new house. :)
Chicago Jen is expecting a baby in June I found out this week as well. I am SO excited for Jen and Chris. I hope the world is ready for a little J-no!! Jen is one of favorite people and I'm so excited that she is going to join me in motherhood so we can share it all together. She is going to make a wonderful, wonderful mother.
So much going on with everyone. I love it. It seems like "30" is the magical year when everyone is doing very grown up things. :)
Signing off for now...baby is stirring...love, V :) ♥
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment