Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Latest

Seventeen days to Christmas. Seventeen days until the big guy comes to town...seventeen days until we run the race that is Christmas. I need to get myself into gear and really GET EXCITED for the HOLIDAY. Although, for some reason I'm having a hard time doing that this week. All of the lists looming with gifts to purchase and tasks to complete...it feels like a midterm looming over my head, and I'm procrastinating as usual. Right now I'm floating somewhere between Trying To Make It All Perfect and Doing The Bare Minimum To Get By. If I get one more corporate email asking me to contribute and that contributions are down and that so and so needs this or that and CAN YOU PLEASE GIVE I think I will just become Scrooge himself. I'm afraid that the Elle Woods in me has been officially snuffed out after two and half grueling years. However, I am trying! To! get! excited!

####

We had a big weekend last week with the girls. Friday night we put up the Christmas tree. Saturday morning, we saw Disney on Ice downtown. Umm...as many of you know I'm not really a big fan of the mouse but I made the best of it. Dear God the Disney loot was ridiculously overpriced...$15 for a shaved ice!! ICE people. The show was entertaining and we had good seats and the girls got into the show, so mission accomplished. We had dinner at Webber Grill downtown afterwards, and then came home and crashed and watched Home Alone before Olivia's 7th birthday party get together with family. I bought her the wedding day Barbie, which...I secretly wanted to keep for myself because it was so glorious! So, we survived the big day which was Saturday.

####

I have many big parties that I am looking forward to. Oh, how I love a party! Friday night, we have Ian's company x-mas party, otherwise known as our first date since Lauren was born. And yes, you read that right, our FIRST DATE with no kids. So you could say that I am a bit excited. I have a sparkly dress and I'm South Beaching and working out and there is nothing I love better than getting ready for a party! This weekend, Chaffee's party on Sunday, next Friday the SIMON x-mas party (woohoo they brought back the giveaways this year - I won $1000 my first year...we can hope), and the yaya party on January 2nd. So many glorious parties to plan for. I'm living on lettuce and nuts, but it will all be worth it!!

"Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself."

♥ V :)

No comments:

Post a Comment