Let me first say that I had an amazing New Year's eve this year! Some years, not so much - but this year was spectacular. Ian and I attended a wonderful Mardi Gras themed party at Ryan and Amanda's house in Pendleton. It was also Ryan's going away party, since he leaves for the big easy this weekend to start his new job. We wore colorful Mardi Gras masks and beads, and I have many glorious pictures to post!
Once our sparkly New Year's outfits were hung in the closet, and we had toasted the last glass of champagne, and kissed at the stroke of midnight, we had no choice other than to start the month of January. It seems to me that we work our way all year up to the month of December - it is the best month of the year. We eat, party and play all month! And then we start over again in January, with no parties, and only diets and overtime.
As an accountant, I face busy season each year. The day before it started this year, I cleaned my house for a solid day. I had a date with a bottle of bleach, my sponge and my mop. I face the stress of knowing I have busy season by obsessively cleaning and organizing my house. The hall closet got attacked. And did you know all of the ways that you can clean with a bottle of bleach? Nothing was out of my reach - toilets, floors, showers, sinks! I lit a lemon candle, put a vase of roses in the kitchen, and tried to think happy thoughts, with a clean house. For that one day, everything was under control.
However, it never fails - back to work, Lauren's sick with a fever, we're up all night, driving to work in 3 inches of snow, Audrey misses the bus, I lose my cell phone...the list goes on and on. Oh, January. You miserable friend, I can't wait until you are gone for another year.
♥ V :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment