Well, it's almost that time! Almost time for Ian and I to begin what I have been calling our "Romantic Getaway Trip." We are going to Grand Haven, Michigan for a long weekend, alone. Aloooooone. Ahhh. I just keep saying the word over and over again. Apparently, there is a beach with waves and everything less than 4 hours away! Who knew. I'm not sure why I have been paying $500 to fly to a beach in Florida in March when I could drive to one in July for the cost of a tank of gas. What's on tap for tonight is getting a hotel in South Bend. Ian is pumped to be right on Notre Dame's campus. I'm pumped to hit their little downtown area tonight. And I say "on tap" because I plan on finding a bar that college kids frequent and taking advantage of Thirsty Thusday! Yes I will feel old, and No, I don't care!
Here are my observations about our romantic getaway trip so far:
A three day weekend requires many, many outfits. Every outfit has to pass the "Does this look like a romantic getaway outfit?" I want people to say, "That girl looks like she is on a romantic getaway!" If the outfit doesn't meet those standards, then it can not be bought nor packed.
I could not go on a proper romantic getaway with my hair dyed from a box. That's right, I have full on shiny fresh HIGHLIGHTS! I have washed the recession out of my hair!
Even though I get ready at the gym at work multiple days a week, I somehow needed to buy miniature sizes of EVERYTHING. You would think that I was going to the jungle, with no CVS for miles and miles. I just can't pass up those adorable little mini bottles of face wash and lotion. They are only 99 cents!! I had to have them all.
I'm to the point in my life where I will buy a $9 swimsuit coverup, and a $10 piece of "lingerie" (I use the term lightly) at Walmart. I figure that people that shop at Walmart are probably demographically poorer and larger than the people that shop at Victoria's Secret. Therefore, that will make their slinky outfits smaller and cheaper, which makes me happy. :)
I can't wait for our getaway weekend! ♥
P.S. Chaffee, I hope your face has healed from your bout with poison ivy. Let's get together, yeah yeah yeah, next week before you leave me and I sink into a deep, dark depression.
P.P.S. Please no one rob our house while we are gone. Trust me, there's nothing in there you would want.
P.P.P.S. Check back Monday for an exciting post-romantic-getaway-trip post!! ;)
♥ V :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment