Friday, July 16, 2010

Lovely, lazy summer...

Well, here we are in the middle of July, in the midst of some of the longest, laziest days of the year.  Things have slowed down around our household, due to the heat, and the kids still being out of school.  Mr. Awesome and I actually have an entire weekend on our hands with no plans! I quite frankly don't know what I will do with myself. We are excited and gearing up for our trip to Lake Michigan next weekend, but first we have two open-ended days in front of us.

Last weekend, I spent some time entertaining at my house for a jewelry party. I baked pretty pink cupcakes, dipped pretzels in pastel colored chocolates, made rice krispie treats, and yummy, home-made sangria, full of lemons, limes, oranges, and pineapple. I made my house sparkle for my guests, put on some nice music and dressed Lauren and I up in summery outfits for the party.  We had a lovely time!

Which leads me to this weekend, with no treats to bake or house to clean.  A few odd jobs here and there, but the majority of the time will be Lauren and Mommy time, as I told Ian to "get a hobby" and he actually...did. He has resumed playing golf. I love telling Lauren, "Daddy is out golfing." It has such a nice ring to it!

By this point in the summer, the temperates are sweltering, and I'm already looking forward to bouquets of freshly sharpened pencils for school, the first glimpse of the changing leaves and a chill in the air at night.  But I'm going to do my best to enjoy these long, hot days with no where to run and no place to be.  We might go to the Farmer's market for fresh flowers again, jog on the monon, hit the pool or go to the swings at the park.  Or we may do nothing at all! Everyone enjoy the weekend!

♥ V :)

No comments:

Post a Comment