What a nice change this past weekend was; we had no plans and no place we had to be. I still wanted to make the most of it, but I didn't know if we would or not...
Friday evening after work, I decided I wanted to paint the one remaining bathroom in the house that never got finished when we moved in. It's small - how hard could it be, right? (All of the painting I have ever done has been on a whim, with a wirlwind trip to Home Depot.) I ran all over town, picking up items that I thought Audrey would like. Which, was hard, seeing as how she is NOT into pink/purple/princess notions. Most eleven year old girls are, so my pickings were slim. BUT - one cannot go wrong at Target, and they had some things I put together that worked in the end.
With a toddler in the house, I had two options - stay up late painting, a little delirious from the long week, or do it the next day while she was mad I was ignoring her, trying to get into everything while Ian was wondering when I would be done and Come Watch Lauren. So, option #1 seemed the only likely solution. Once I got going, the painting went pretty smoothly. I did forget that you basically need to be a contortonist to paint BEHIND a toilet, and the paint was a BIT more big bird yellow than I would have liked, but I completed the job! Check that task OFF of the list!
###
Fastforward to Sunday. Saturday I pretty much spent recovering from painting until 1am (at the pool - thanks Mr. Awesome) and hanging out with Lauren. So, once we got going on Sunday, we got out of the house and were looking for an Adventure. Something Lauren and Olivia would like. We ended up deciding to go to Trader's Point Creamery, off of 86th street. I thought, "This will be glorious! Lauren will pet the animals! We will spend time on a working farm as a family, showing our kids something new!" Well, we get there, and it was a big fat flop. We couldn't find anyone that knew what was going on, they charged us $6.00 for a piece of paper for a self-guided "tour." The stroller really couldn't go where we needed to go...so we just up and left. Ha! I'm very lucky to be with a man that has the patience for my adventures, when sometimes they turn out to be not what we hoped they would be.
I tried to salvage the day, with a trip to Michael's. We would have Craft Day instead of Farm Day. Olivia decided on felt crafts and moonsand. Who knew - I ♥ felt crafts! I could do felt crafts all the day long. I made little felt hairbows for Lauren. And moonsand was pretty glorious as kids crap goes. We crafted until evening, and then Olivia and I did french manicures.
It was nice to meander through the weekend, doing whatever we wanted to do. I wish we had more of these unplanned family times together!
♥ V :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment