Saturday, July 31, 2010

Mommy and Lauren day

Today was a wonderful day.

I started off my day with a baby shower at 10am, after driving through showers of rain to get there.  My friend Kasey is due September 30th, and today was her day to be showered.  Cupcakes, games, prayer, gifts, well wishes and friends - what a wonderful start to the weekend.

I arrived home to greet Lauren with kisses and hugs for the start of a mommy and sissy day.  Daddy headed off to play 18. I love these days! After lunch, juice, nap and mommy starting the laundry and cleaning, we headed off for a mini-adventure. A quick run to the pet store for Lauren to see the animals: birds, kitties, colorful fish. Then on to Michael's for crafts.

Back at home, Lauren and I listened to music (I don't like a lot of TV on our special days), played with books and dolls, folded laundry (and refolded and refolded after Lauren's "help"). I chased her up the stairs and through the house, to squeals and giggles.  We share snacks and treats.  She kicked back on the couch for a little Spongebob and milk - the equivalent of a toddler of kicking off her shoes after a long day of work.

On to dinner, bath and books, and then back up again for another hour when she wasn't tired enough to sleep. Finally she is down, and I go back in her room one last time, where I am surrounded by the sweet, soft smell of a clean, fresh baby in slumber. I cover her with her blanket, and leave her to her baby dreams. I don't know if babies dream, but I hope that her head is filled with peaceful, happy thoughts of our day together.

Today was a wonderful day!

P.S. Here are my latest felt treats I whipped up today. Look close, there's a whip stitch in there. :)





♥ V :)

No comments:

Post a Comment