I'm about to scoot off for the weekend here in a minute, but I wanted to post a really quick blog about our donation situation. And LET ME TELL YOU, it is a situation...
I want to say first and foremost, it is most definitely probably the opposite of what you are thinking. I know you are in your warm cozy house, looking at your pretty lit up Christmas tree, and you are feeling sorry for us. I want to tell you right now: DON'T. We have been beyond fortunate with donations, of cash, checks, clothes, gift cards, etc. So much so that it is SO over the top, we can not believe it. Our cash reserves are high. Our spirits are getting there and climbing every day. We both have good jobs, we were insured, and we WILL replace our things and rebuild our home.
I also work for the most amazing company. The retail community has reached out to my family so much, I won't even tell you what we have received. Because I fear it will set off an epidemic of Simon employees burning down their homes just to get the loot! It is unbelievable how generous they have been.
My point is this: we have enough. More than enough. Enough clothes, love, money to get us through. There are little kids out there that don't even have coats. Or a book in the house. Heck, there are some SCHOOLS that don't even have books. Actual schools! So please, if you want to give something, give to those that need it more than us. People that go to bed hungry. Children with parents that don't take care of them, or read them bed time stories. We are not those people, and we are so thankful for all that we have already received.
We know that this tragedy will change the way we view our community forever. We have never felt so much love ♥. Thank you to everyone, big and small, that has helped us recover and get back on our feet! We ♥ all of you, more than you know!
There are people out there that need donations more than we do, it's just all of our jobs to go find them...happy hunting, and happy holidays.
♥ V :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment