Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Happy (early) New Year!

Now that the last Christmas bow has been put away, it's time to anticipate the next big holiday: New Year's Eve! I am super excited for our plans this year. Mr. Awesome and I will be traveling to the wonderful town of Bloomington this Friday for an overnight stay. Yes, my Alma mater and the town that is home to IU and the Hoosiers!

We have fourth row tickets to the IU vs. Ohio State game on Friday afternoon.  We are having dinner at the Irish Lion beforehand with another couple that Ian has become good friends with through his work.  After dinner and the game, we are heading out to the Bloomington strip for some good Nick's and Bluebird action and wherever else we feel like stopping in at to bring in the new year.  I have a sparkly red sequin shirt to wear, and I am beyond excited to visit one of my favorite towns in the world, with my future husband in tow. ♥ 

I'm hoping to fit in at some point some Kirkwood shopping, an Oliver winery visit, maybe Upland brewery as well, visiting the Union, and a long walk through campus, no matter how cold.  I want to see Dunn meadow and the arboretum and everything that makes IU...IU.

I hope everyone has a very safe and happy New Year. Ian and I are hoping that 2011 will hold many great things for our family. Thanks to many of you and your support, we feel ready to tackle anything that comes our way in order to get back on our feet and rebuild our home. Thank you, thank you to all of you who have helped us!  My 2011 resolution could only be one thing: to be more charitable. I can't think of anything else I want to focus on more in the coming year. I've already started making small changes and it feels wonderful.

So when the clock strikes midnight on New Year's Eve, I'll be thinking of all of my dear friends and family as I sing Auld Lang Syne...and remembering all of the good memories of family and friends from long ago, and how they have helped us so very much.

Eleven is one of my lucky numbers, so fingers crossed, it's going to be a great year.

♥ V :)

No comments:

Post a Comment