Well, I have to say that this is one of my favorite times of year. The livin' is easy with very little work to do...and NO January busy season coming up for me for the first time in three years. I'll actually get my Martin Luther King Day holiday this year as well, also for the first time in three years. So I find myself happier than usual with a post-holiday glow, with that dreadful feeling no where in sight. I also Sephora-shopped online 'til I dropped with Mr. Awesome's very generous holiday gift card this week, so I'm all excited anticipating those black and white boxes in the mail VERY soon! As in, tomorrow! (Yes, I tracked the package so I would know the exact drop date.) I will very soon have new products, samples and DELUXE samples in my possession. It doesn't get any better than that.
The best part of my break so far personally (other than all of the family activities) was definitely my Nook last night. My mom and dad gave me a Nook for Christmas, and let me tell you, it has exceeded all of my expectations! After charging it for a full night, I registered and used it for the first time. For a book lover such as myself, it is a treat. It is glorious! I ♥ the Nook! I downloaded a book to my B&N account on our new home computer, and there it was, that beautiful little book, waiting for me in my library when I got her set up. I don't know how they do it. I don't know how it works. But it DOES and that's all that matters! Somewhere in the wireless world, and thanks to people much smarter than me, there is a way to access books anytime for very little cost in the privacy of your sleeping quarters or wherever you choose to do so. It is just a very fabulous thing.
Other than my nook, we also successfully set up our new computer and camera. Part of the hastle of the fire was A.) that we had none of those things and B.) taking the time to buy them and C.) learning how to set them up, etc. You take for granted that you can do something like post pics on Facebook or take priceless pics of your children until you can't. So I'm feeling pretty relieved and proud that all of those things are set up and ready to go!
Obviously we have many things left to do involving the fire, so all of these small victories are making me happy. I like taking time to appreciate each little victory, no matter how small. ♥
♥ V :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment