Monday, December 27, 2010

Vacation :)

I love this week of the year: the week I saved up vacation ALL year for to enjoy during the holidays!  I have very little time off from my job: about two weeks a year, other than holidays. So it is a wonderful time of year to enjoy myself. Best things about the week, so far:

*Staying up late! Reeaaally really late. Drinking coffee in the evening and then staying up til the wee hours. Nothing better.
*Watching a movie in the middle of the day at the theatre with Ian while eating buttery popcorn and drinking coke
*Shopping online with Christmas gift cards
*Family traditions: old and new. I like how some things stay the same, but new traditions can be fun as well. My sister hosted Christmas this year and we had a ball!
*Lauren going to grandma and grandpa's for a few days. The freedom of the no-kids life is intoxicating but of course I do miss her, very much.
*Not preparing for the work week on Sunday night. :)
*Sleeping in (see above, no kids!)
*Not coming home exhausted and doing the bed time routine. Every day is different.

It's not over yet, but these are just a few of my favorite things. Good night and hope everyone has a restful, happy week!

♥ V :)

No comments:

Post a Comment