Thursday, March 10, 2011

All work and no play...

My last couple of posts have been about stressful things, so I need to mix it up! Because as we know, all work and no play makes for a very dull girl. I was interested in this post about "play personalities" taken from
Stuart Brown's Play: How it Shapes the Brain, Opens the Imagination, and Invigorates the Soul.

So I'm trying to figure out what my "play personality" is. Strangely, I kind of identify with all of them.  I am not sure exactly what this means.

1. The Joker -- makes people laugh, plays practical jokes. (I like to think I have a good funny here and there.)

2. The Kinesthete -- loves to move, dance, swim, play sports. (Ok, well the actual sport playing was mostly in my younger days but I love being active and working out!)

3. The Explorer -- goes to new places, meets new people, seeks out new experiences (physically or mentally). (I could definitely improve on this one...raising a toddler limits the whole "new experience" category quite a bit. However, I do try to find new experiences for Lauren to have, and the thrill of seeing things through her eyes will suffice for now!)

4. The Competitor -- loves all forms of competition, has fun keeping score. (Me, competetive?? One thing I love about my new career path in leasing is the competition - that someday in the near to distant future - I will feel the thrill and rush of competing to get my deals approved!)

5. The Director -- enjoys planning and executing events and experiences, like throwing parties, organizing outings, and leading. (yes, yes, yes, and yes.)

6. The Collector -- loves the thrill of collecting, whether objects or experiences. (I'm working on this, but I've started my milk glass collection with the wedding, which excites me.)

7. The Artist/Creator -- finds joy in making things, fixing things, decorating, working with his or her hands. (I ♥ being a crafty mama! Both my crafts and crafty kid things)

8. The Storyteller -- loves to use imagination to create and absorb stories, in novels, movies, plays, performances. (All things writing and reading are my favorite and make me happy...like my nook and this blog.)


Food for thought...:)


I hope this makes you think of all of the things that make you happy as well!


♥ V :)

No comments:

Post a Comment