We have to fatten our little baby up.Lauren had her 9 month checkup this week. Apparently we have to work on fattening her up, as she is in the 10th percentile for weight. Tenth!! She's in the 80th for height, and she grew another inch and a half in the last 3 months. She's 28 and a half inches long. Obviously, this child is taking after Ian's family, as she is not getting this characteristic from me or anyone in my family. She's a long, string bean ballerina. I have called her this from her very first ultrasound. It never failed, at each ultrasound, the tech would say, "Look at those long legs!" And when the nurses checked her over after she was first hatched, they said, "She has long legs, like a ballerina!" All of this long and lean business is coming from Ian's family. My people are not waif-like. So, over Thanksgiving, I have to work on fattening my little turkey up!
She's also about ready to start full-on belly off the ground crawling. She is SO CLOSE! She's done her army crawl for what seems like months now. She gets up on her hands and knees and rocks back and forth, and I think at any second that she might take off and be crawling like a big girl. And then, she drops back down and takes off in her army crawl. She's very mobile, and I'm not complaining. I will have to do some serious baby proofing once she is big girl crawling. The whole deal - gates, latches - whatever people do to keep the babies from crashing the whole house down, I will have to do! Thank God Ian has done this twice before so he knows what in the world we are supposed to do when this happens.
I'm looking forward to lunch with the girls and some Carter's shopping with Kelly Saturday! And we have Ian's girls this weekend, so I will be in step-mother mode as soon as the clock strikes five...and as soon as I fly home on my step-mother broom...
TGIF! :)
♥ V :)


No comments:
Post a Comment