After Lauren's one year appointment today, I salvaged a few special hours out of my day after she was down for a nap with daddy at home. I loaded Audrey in the car and we headed to feed our addictions...sugar and books! Barnes and Noble! The mecca. Ahh, opening the big heavy wooden doors, the scent of coffee wafting in the air, the shiny paperbacks glistening under the overhead lights, my heart swells and I am happy. Books, books, everywhere books, magazines, the PRINTED WORD surrounding me. I let Audrey loose in the junior section and I headed off to bug the lady with my hand written note scribbled down before I left the house. (More to come on that later.) She entered the key words, and I heard the magic words...wait for it...IN STOCK! Yes! Touchdown! I grabbed some magazines that I can't justify buying any longer, because let's face it, I'm not going to be wearing any of that crap any time soon. Fashion is about as good to me now as say, an umbrella in a hurricane. I had my treat - the same thing I get every time - a red velvet cupcake. She had a big chocolate chip cookie, before dinner. It was just one of those special evenings!
♥ V :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment