Ok, I know I write a lot about reality TV on here and this probably makes me look vapid and dull and shallow. But, I just can't resist a good reality show! Try as I may, I cannot pull myself away. The Kardashians. Real World. Yes, I still watch Real World, I know, I know. One of my latest obsessions is Kendra on E!. Because of course I followed her entire "career" (uh-hum, if you want to call it that) on The Girls Next Door. I don't really know why I watched it as I'm not really sure how I feel about an 80 year old plus man having multiple girlfriends who he basically pays to date him and also supports financially in a creepy father-like way. But whatever, I'm addicted, I'm a fan; moving on to Kendra's new show.
So I was up last night at midnight and caught the latest episode while folding laundry and staying up too late. What I found fascinating was the way they portrayed Kendra's battle to lose the baby bulge after her baby Hank jr. was born. She was at the gym, and the trainer asked her how much she weighed. The answer was 144 pounds. Ok, so basically I'm in that general vicinity give or take a couple of pounds. What makes me sad is that Hollywood basically considers that obese and reason to diet, diet, diet. I think that is a pretty reasonable weight. It's funny how you look at it: what if I got up tomorrow and decided I was obese and crazy crash dieted to lose 20 pounds? Where as now, I'm pretty ok with where I'm at. I have Faced Facts that I'm a Mom and this is about as Good As it Gets. I go to the gym about 4 days a week at lunch, bring a big bag of salad with me on Monday to last for the week, eat string cheese for breakfast and have whatever Ian cooks for dinner. I find if I can't have a drink with Ian and a treat after the kids are in bed, life gets pretty bleak, so I am willing to allow myself this most days. How I love a sweet treat as a reward for another day done!
I have to accept that I work and don't have a trainer and I am probably not going to lose 20 pounds, maybe ever. But oh, to be a bunny!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment