She went and did it - AC tied the knot. Another one bites the dust!
Saturday morning, we all arrived at the Mavris at 10am. We entered the bridal suite, which was a glorious area with a bar, couches, a salon where we could commence the process of painting our faces and curling our hair for this grand occasion. And let me tell you, being in a wedding is a Process. This is not a day you can just skate by and do the bare minimum. These pictures are going to be around forever, so you better believe there were hours of primping going on. Men can slap on a suit and some uncomfortable shoes and stand up for their friend in a wedding. We slap on our uncomfortable shoes, but there is a little bit more to the Process than that.
I am a girl that loves makeup. When the Sephora magazine comes, it is a religious experience. Amanda had seven bridesmaids that ALL loved makeup as much as me this past weekend. There were enough makeup brushes and palettes in that suite to paint the Sistine Chapel all over again. There were bags of brushes rolled out that would rivel a surgeon's tools for surgery. (I hand washed all of my brushes last week for this big event. I think Ian had not seen this done ever before in his life. It scared him quite a lot.) But I was not the only one - there we were, with our brushes, ready to assemble ourselves. Eyelash glue was passed around like you would say, "Please pass the butter" at Thanksgiving. We admired each other's products, and favorite shades were shouted out between us. Nordstrom bags were in abundance. These are girls after my own heart. Not a plain Jane in sight.
After the Process was complete, we headed to an old 50's diner for pictures. It was grey and chilly, and I am a little bit mad at the wedding Gods for giving my friend that day for her wedding. But what they didn't give her in weather, they made up for in natural beauty. I have never seen Amanda look more beautiful than she did on that day! Amanda has the most natural beauty of anyone I know. She truly glowed. She really did have a glow that day that was a knock your socks off, I'm getting Married, kind of glow!
I was so happy for my friend on her big day. I have known Amanda since we were 12 years old. I felt so blessed by God to have this friend in my life. She has so much positive energy, and she has attracted so many fabulous women in to her life. Life is a strange and winding road. And there we were, 18 years later, still the best of friends. Still carrying on. I hope when we are 80, we are still carryong on and being fabulous. (Amanda's grandmother is 85 years old and is a GLORIOUS woman, as is her mother. They had drinks with us on Friday night at happy hour, and they fit right in with all of the girls. This gives me great amounts of hope.)
Anyway, so after the Process, and the pictures, it was time for the big dance. Up the aisle, and down, never to be the same again. There were no long lost lovers that stopped the ceremony, so we headed right into the drinking portion of the evening. (There was some eating and some speech giving and general wedding rigamarole along the way.)
After the wedding traditions transpired, we danced the night away, with the city skyline lit up in the night behind us. It was a wonderful evening, for everyone. Congrats to Amanda and Ryan. I wish them only the happiest of days, and a long and wonderful marriage. ♥
V :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment