Friday, May 21, 2010

Happy day!

Do you ever get a little bit in to your day, and think, "Wait a minute. I think I'm having a good day." Then you stop and pause and think about it a minute, and you decide, "Yes, yes, I'm definitely having a good day!" And then from there on out, even more magical good things begin to happen. It's official - YOU are having a FABULOUS day!! (On the other side of the spectrum, there are days when half way in, I decide, "I am having the worst day. I give myself permission to be in a bad mood for the REST of the day. This is a terrible, no good, awful, very bad day." I think that was a book that we used to read.  Anyway, moving on.)

Today was one of those days that turned out to be a good day. No particular reason, just good. The first good thing of the day: I fit into pants that had a single digit on the tag. Ummm, this is a glorious achievement!!  I then skated in to work on one wheel, as I do about every Friday, to no voicemails or demanding emails. Also a very good thing. I had a training session at 10am, where I actually learned new things. After three years in the same position, let me tell you, it is a damn good day when you learn something new, and you're not spacing off, thinking, "I think I'll move to the beach and quit my job."

At lunch, continuing on with the single digit pants item above, I continued on day #2 of my miraculous new training idea, that is most definitely going to help me lose these last 8-10 pounds, to where I can be the same weight that I did that one time I starved myself at age 24 on the South beach diet and it actually worked.  Yep, interval training is my new obsession. I am convinced. It got me into single digit pants, so, I am a believer. I pounded out sprints on the treadmill, like the ones you see Jillian yelling at her team to do on the biggest loser. I am convinced they are doing them for a reason. This is GOING TO WORK!

On to the afternoon. Well, that was pretty much a snoozer, but my bosses all left early so then things got good again.  I skidded out of the parking garage on one wheel. Now at this point, a bit of shopping was done. Just a bit. And as Mr. Awesome reads this blog, I am not at liberty to tell you what was purchased, and where. All I WILL tell you, is that after several phone calls during the day (it was Friday, ok), I secured my VERY own tube of the brand new Philosophy Skinny firming, self-tanning cream that leaves a nice cocoa scent. Ok, that is all you get to know about that.

When I got home, I walked in to our house, in which all 3 kids were there, and things were going smoothly. Lauren was still down for her nap. The big girls were watching a movie in the loft. No child was harassing me! After dinner, which I have to say I never take for granted that Ian does all of the cooking, sissy and I had fun play time on the floor. She was being a wild child, only in her diaper. She was so cute, I wanted to eat her for dessert. My child, in case you didn't know, is a VERY good dancer. At ANY point when a song comes on, of any kind, Sissy does a dance. She bobs, swings her arms, and is officially dancing. It is maybe the cutest thing I have ever seen, in my entire life.  (I am pretty sure I need to get her enrolled in the tippy toes dance school, because she can start at 18 months, and I'm pretty sure, as I said, she is going to be a ballerina or hip hop dancer one day.) We had a high old time, playing before her bed time, with Purse and Ball and Phone. She had already had a bath - SCORE another one for MOMMY. No bending over the bath tub with a 25 pound wet toddler after a long day.

It is 10:30, and I have peace and quiet all around me, with everyone off in their own worlds, including myself.  The kitchen is clean, the TV is off, the coffee pot is loaded for a Saturday with no work, I have two days of Lauren time ahead of me, and it's supposed to be 89 degrees on Sunday.

What a good day today was! :)

♥ V :)

No comments:

Post a Comment