The stars aligned on this holiday weekend. We have no children under our roof...atleast until Sunday.
With our own child, and with Ian's children, schedules must be orchestrated weeks in advance. There is always something that comes up. A change. But on this weekend, his girls are swimming happily at Lake Kentucky with nana and papa, and my parents' wish was fulfilled to have their only little granddaughter for a couple of nights. I know that at grandma and grandpa's she is treated like a petite princess. Let's just say I don't worry about her at all, and that every need and wish her little toddler heart has is met and fulfilled.
Which brings me back to the fact, that we have no kids, on this holiday weekend, for the moment.
First order of business on the few times a year that we have no children, is without a doubt, SLEEP. I find myself teetering on the edge of exhaustion daily. I use cheap tricks to get through the day...coffee, metabolism boosting energy pills, working out for that rush of endorphins. Anything to get through the day. Which is why I promptly came home Friday night, and fell asleep for atleast 3 hours. I used to take these naps, BC (before children), to prepare for a night out and a weekend with a fully planned social schedule. Now? The sleep, is enough. Even with my nap, I don't wake up until 11am the next day. It felt strange, and I woke in a trance, from strange dreams and heavy from sleep.
I realize that with children in the house, I am perpetually on the treadmill, of our little life. There is always something to do, to fix, to clean, to prepare, to plan for. I've realized that if I didn't have these little people to care for, I would get very little done. However, it feels nice to stop; pause; and for atleast a day or two, get a break from it all. Share some time with Ian. With my thoughts. Linger in my dreams in a long night's sleep, and ignore it all.
Thank God above for grandparents, holidays and rest. We are very blessed. ♥ V :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment