Monday, May 24, 2010

American Honey

After this GD heat died down today, I took a jog around my neighborhood. The cool air was refreshing. The moon was up in the sky. Ducks were in the ponds.  A game of pick up basketball was going on down at our park. Reminded me of all the summers I spent at the park growing up...playing basketball, tennis, and swimming endless hours at the pool. God those were good times. If I could go back to just one of those starry summer nights, and be that kid again. I love this song by Lady Antebellum. Always reminds me of those old days so much...

She grew up on a side of the road
Where the church bells ring and strong love grows
She grew up good
She grew up slow
Like American honey


Steady as a preacher
Free as a weed
Couldn't wait to get goin'
But wasn't quite ready to leave
So innocent, pure and sweet
American honey


There's a wild, wild whisper
Blowing in the wind
Calling out my name like a long lost friend
Oh I miss those days as the years go by
Oh nothing's sweeter than summer time
And American honey


Get caught in the race
Of this crazy life
Trying to be everything can make you lose your mind
I just wanna go back in time
To American honey, yea


There's a wild, wild whisper
Blowing in the wind
Calling out my name like a long lost friend
Oh I miss those days as the years go by
Oh nothing's sweeter than summer time
And American honey


Gone for so long now
I gotta get back to her somehow
To American honey

♥ V :)

No comments:

Post a Comment