Saturday, May 1, 2010

Hello friends

It always freaks me out a little bit when I hear of someone reading this blog that I didn't know was reading this blog.

I know what you are thinking. Duh, you idiot! You have this blog on your facebook page listed as your personal website! Anyone and everyone can see it! Which, I guess, is the whole point, right, because I love to write, and I'm pretty much an open book, and it makes me very happy when I hear not only that someone I didn't know was reading the blog, but also apparently likes the blog.

But still. Still, it's there. That feeling. We know people at different points in our lives. Young. Older. Still older. People change. The person I was at 10 I am most definitely not at 30. (Which, thank God for, because I'm thinking at 10, I had a permanent and I thought I knew everything and was probably ranking pretty high on the "annoying kid" scale.) The point I'm trying to make is that we change. People do change over time. And it makes me wonder, would those people still like me now, now that I'm this person and not that person I once was?

Something that bugs me about Facebook is how simple it is. Too easy to judge. Because what do we do? We look at people's status, flip through their pics, and make a Judgement. I do it. I think, oh, she has 3 kids. She's a stay at home mom, or a nurse. And that's that. But I don't really know anything about that person.  Her thoughts. Her hopes. Hopes that she had that died, or what he or she thinks of before she goes to bed at night, or what she has sacrificed in her life to get to that point, or really anything that is important or worth knowing at all.

So to anyone reading this that I don't have the pleasure of speaking with on a regular basis, or if we haven't even spoken in years, or if you knew me at a different time of my life than now, hello. Hi. Thank you for reading. I'm just a girl out there, trying to make the best of her life, fighting the good fight every day. Life isn't easy. It's often quite hard. And I'm sure your life isn't always easy, and it's often quite hard as well. We have that in common. Thank you for reading. Please continue, because I'm not going anywhere, anytime soon.

♥ V :)

No comments:

Post a Comment