Friday, April 30, 2010

Strange week

This has been a very strange week. Out of the ordinary. Wednesday I decided that I could no longer take this back pain another minute. So I made a doctor appointment for the afternoon, and left work at 1:45. Whenever I leave work early, I find it so odd to be out amongst people that are not working. All of these things are going on every day, I think, while you are tucked away in your cubicle. Why are these people not working? I run down the list of who they could be...stay at home moms, those that are retired, students in college...but it always seems like it doesn't add up. How can there be THAT many people not at work?  Mostly I think how did they get so lucky, and I'm stuck working for the man?

###

It always feels odd to have time to actually run an errand, and not be running while I'm doing it. Someone should tell you that when you become a mother "running errands" becomes as tricky as pulling off a heist, I would imagine. Either A. you have to BRING the kids, which is cute for about 5 minutes and then it's a train wreck, or B. You have free time and you're not spending it with the kids, so you instantly feel guilty. They should hand you a packet to take home with the baby and call it, "How to fit all of the things you used to do in your previous life into your new life with a child." Let me tell you, there isn't a lot of time for browsing at Sephora or Target. No-sir-ee. It's get in, get out, and God help ANYONE that gets in my way!

###

I had the strangest encounter at Nordstrom today. I ran over at lunch to try and get some foundation to wear for Chaffee's wedding. I had heard good things from my sister about some MAC foundation. Ordinarily I'm a tinted moisturizer girl, but for special occasions, you have to pull out the big guns. Soooo, I stroll on over to MAC, and what do I see, but a man wearing makeup, selling the makeup. There was just no other way to describe this than incredibly odd. Is this really going on? I mean, I can understand an artistic guy that wants to put makeup on women. Fine. But wearing the makeup? He had stubble under his foundation. I couldn't stop staring at it. That, and his lipstick. And everything he was saying about the products started with, "When I wear this....". Then he talked about what he was buying his mother for Mother's day. There is some lady out there whose son wears makeup and works at MAC! I mean, imagine if that were you! I know, I know, this is probably un-PC of me to talk about. But I guess I just couldn't get over the fact that a man was wearing a full face of makeup in the light of day.

I guess it's just been a strange week. The fact that I'm downing muscle relaxers and vicodin, and still getting no sleep at night has put me in a strange trance. But sometimes strange is nice I guess, because it's better than the same old thing.

(However, with Mother's day right around the corner, I know I am not going to be getting that strange makeup wearing man's mom out of my mind any time soon. Yikes!)

♥ V :)

No comments:

Post a Comment