Monday, April 19, 2010

Chaffee's final fling

So AC is getting married. In honor of this affair, we had a little wing ding last weekend. Actually, it was NOT little; it was fabulous and glorious! Amanda has the most wonderful friends. They don't half ass anything. They go ALL OUT and it is awesome.  There were about 25 girls in my house Saturday night, with almost everyone in 50's outfits. Cat eye glasses, pill box hats, dotted dresses, scarfs and fur stolls. It is not every day you get to don this type of attire, so I decided early on I was going all out. You kind of have to own this look if you go for it.

We went to a new bar called The North Side Social in Broad Ripple. It was right up our alley. Fabulous setting for our evening. Apparently David Simon was there with his wife earlier in the night. We commenced having a high old time and living it up.

After the Social, we headed to Nippers in Carmel. Nippers is ALWAYS a good time, even though it's a hole in the wall, smoky tiny bar in Carmel. At this point, heavy intoxication had set in. Maaaaybe deciding to drink a dirty martini at one point was NOT such a good idea. Sometimes I like to pretend I can still drink these drinks like I am 26. However, I am not 26 and I don't go around drinking martinis on a regular basis. But, once I have flipped into party girl mode, it's like I never left! The party has been waiting for me this whole time! I have just been on hiatus! Then I take shots and drink more and decide I am extra fabulous!

Unfortunately my alter ego decided to talk to a boy in a bar for about an hour. Soooo, looks like Chaffee's last night was probably my last night out indefinitely as well. I am in the dog house!! I did five loads of laundry for Ian on my day off. This has to be the last of my shenanigans. Once you are Raising Kids and In a Relationship and Living Together, it is obviously not a good idea to go out and pretend you aren't doing any of these things. Because the next day always comes, and the bubble is burst, and you aren't fabulous any more.  The next day you are just an idiot that talked to a guy in a bar who you will never see again, with a massive hangover.  I have never understood alcohol's ability to temporary suspend reality.  Why is it that after about 1pm when you are intoxicated in a dark bar you have absolutely NO concept of reality?

Lesson learned. If nothing else, just so that I never have to do this much laundry EVER again.

♥ V :)

No comments:

Post a Comment