Well, I've gone and done it. I have a brand new, shiny pink 8 gig nano i-pod! Oh, she is beautiful! (Made possible by birthday gift cards.) Ian loaded me up with all of his songs, so I have been shuffling this week during my runs downtown at lunch. Let me tell you, it's brought my runs to a whole new level. Between the endorphins kicking in, this amazing sunshine and warm weather, the amazing skyline of the city all around me AND my i-pod songs, my runs have been unbelievable! I think at times I might just lift off into the sky like Mary Poppins! (Ian, I'm still trying to figure out why you have Cococabana on your playlist.)
####
Ian, Audrey, Olivia and myself all went to play tennis for the first time last Sunday. I forgot the satisfaction of whacking a tennis ball really, really hard. Hitting that little green ball in the sweet spot of your racket? It doesn't get any better than that! However, I've learned I'm a little bit at a loss as to how to teach his girls how to play tennis. I picked it up when I was about 15. I only wish I had sooner - it probably would have been, no I KNOW it would have been, my favorite sport. You get to wear jewelry and a skirt, it's only you out there, and you get to hit a little ball as hard as you can. Yeah, it's pretty much the athletic equivalent of perfection for a female such as myself.
Watching a 7 year old swing and miss the ball about 5 times in a row is (sadly) pretty hilarious. At one point we asked her if she had ever seen tennis played and she did know that she was supposed to hit the ball with the webbed part of the racket, right? We have a loooong way to go, but it was still a good workout. Chasing a bucket of about 30 balls about 30 times - yeah, that's a good workout any way you look at it. :)
####
Guess who I saw downtown this week. AMBER AND GARY AND BABY LEAH from MTV's 16 and Pregnant! Yep, there I was stuck in traffic in front of Weber Grill on Illinois street, when I looked over and who did I see but the man himself, Gary, standing in all of his glory. He was looking just as large and in charge as he does on TV. Amber looked like Amber, only...tanner. Someone needs to tell her that that bubble dress style is, um, not very flattering. So that's my only "star" sighting for 2010 so far...last year I saw Dave Matthews, The Jonas Brothers, and Kristi Yamaguchi downtown. I have a long way to go to top 2009.
####
The countdown is on for SATC The Movie 2 AND The Hilllllllls!!!!!!!!!! Final season! I can not contain my excitement!! In other reality related news, I am soooo team Bethany this season on Housewives of NYC. I ♥ Bethany. And I'm thinking that I am going to love Sonja, who was introduced last night. She likes looking fabulous, loves to entertain - a girl after my own heart. Very excited to see her carrying-on's in the big apple. Especially since it appears she has several man friends, if you know what I mean! ;)
####
And finally, Chaffee's bachelorette party is Saturday night! We will be out flailing around in our 50's finery. This will be a GLORIOUS affair. Stay tuned for pics and details.
Everyone have a fabulous weekend!!!
♥ V :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment