Today is Friday! How wonderful! I dragged myself into work, like a cat on her last life. I somehow beat the clock and traffic and chug, chugged my way to my desk. By Friday, my energy level is about a 4 on a scale of 1 to 10. I have a somewhat hopeful attitude that the weekend is almost here, so that gives me a slight rush. But my feet usually feel like they are in quicksand. I am not one of these people that has a big morning ritual. My ritual is: Get up. Go to work. Do not pass go and do not collect $200. Today my makeup didn't even get done until I was at my desk at work. Grabbed my concealer and mascara from my gym bag, snuck in and applied and prayed my manager didn't walk in and see me doing it. I have this fear that my boss or his boss will call me in to their office on one of these Fridays, looking like something the cat dragged in. However, I usually take my chances.
I somehow managed to injure myself this week! I have a massive painful situation going on between my shoulder blades. Not sure if it was the 6 hours I spent organizing closets Monday, or the 8 loads of laundry I did, or the early AM workout before work Wednesday. I'm in the Biggest Loser competition at work. I HAD to lose weight or I would die of shame from my team!! This has been a tremendous motivator. I ran for 35 minutes and was a pool of sweat trying to lose weight by 10am weigh in. It worked - 1.2 down. This week I am going to attempt to not cheat on the weekend. No McDonald's cheeseburger, coke and fries. No alcohol. No candy.
Looking forward to that moment tomorrow morning when I realize that I don't have to go to work, it's the weekend and I can cuddle my baby and drink coffee. I wish I could bottle up that moment and release it whenever I wanted. It's supposed to rain this weekend. I hope it pours!! I need a relaxing break. Looking forward to crafting with Ian's girls, cuddling up for movie time as a family, and enjoying my home with my family inside, safe and sound...
♥ V :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment