Lauren has been too adorable for words lately. (Well, not too adorable to try and explain it in words, because that's what I'm doing here, but you know what I mean. :) Every day, Sissy does something new or funny or just different than she did it the day before. I find that even if it's something difficult or "bad" I don't even care! I just love seeing her change, right before my eyes.
Like this weekend, I got the bright idea to give her little pigtails. I picked up some teeny tiny rubberbands with pretty butterflies at Claire's. Instantly, she is a Big Girl with her pigtails! Oh the joy of seeing your little girl with big girl hair. And let me tell you, Sissy has some BIG hair. Some days, I feel like I somehow gave birth to little orphan Annie. People comment on her hair all the time, and I'm noooot so sure it's always in admiration, but instead more in shock and awe of her crazy, curly mop of hair. But obviously since I'm her mother, I think it's just the most beautiful thing I've ever laid my eyes on!
And yesterday, I got to see her ride in her big pink car at her Nanna and Pappa's. I have been hearing about this car for over a week. It is quite a sight. Picture a massive amount of pink and purple plastic, complete with a steering wheel, and a HORN. That is right, it is complete with a honkable horn, and Lauren loves to honk that horn with reckless abandon. And this thing has a seatbelt! I mean, it is just the most adorable, ridiculous thing in the world! Here she is, with her seat belt on, hitting the horn riding in her pink car, steeling glances up at me to make sure I am watching her and she's so proud. I still can't get over the fact that she is no longer just Existing. She is big. And does things like play in cars and honk horns.
And last night, getting her ready for bed, was the moment that stole my heart for the day. She was on the changing table, being a silly girl, doing her big baby laugh over and over. She thinks she is so funny, she's cracking herself up. She was wacking her box of wipes with her legs, and pulling her pj's over her head, and I was smothering her in baby kisses and we were laughing together. And I distinctly remember thinking, this is the best moment of my day. This moment makes up for the one hour and five minute commute downtown. It makes up for running in circles for my boss all morning. It makes up for all of the annoying, long winded people I have to encounter that suck the life out of me all day long. In that one moment, it was all somehow OK, because I had my Lauren, and she was happy, and we were laughing together.
I love my big girl, and I can't wait for many more moments laughing together.
♥ V :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment